If you’re looking for a blown wood pellet delivery company, then you’ll want to make sure that you get the right one for you. As well as cost wood pellets there’s plenty more to think about.
Table of Contents
Here’s what you need to consider.
- Quality You’ll need to make sure that the blown delivery company you’re looking at actually offers the pellets your boiler needs. Many boiler manufacturers recommend premium pellets, and using lesser pellets can cause your boiler to stop working efficiently.
- Availability Being able to get your pellets when you need them is essential. Some companies may not be able to guarantee delivery your pellets during peak times of year. Perhaps you’ll be happy to receive your order in several deliveries, or perhaps you won’t.
- Convenience – time of day You might need to be on site to receive your delivery, and so you’ll need to know when it’s expected. Being able to contact the delivery company is essential, so that you’re not waiting for a delivery that isn’t going to turn up when expected.
- Size of delivery lorry The size and capacity of the delivery lorry may also be important to you. If you’re using wood pellet heating for your large hotel, sports club or supermarket, then you’ll use a lot more pellets than a domestic user. You’ll want to make sure that you can get the quantity of pellets that you want delivered in one go. There’s likely to be a minimum delivery quantity, so you’ll want to ask what this is.
- Deliver to your location Your pellets will need to be delivered to exactly where you want them. Whereas a delivery company sending out pallets may be able to leave them by your door, or with a neighbour or somewhere else convenient, you’ll need to make sure that the blown delivery company can get a big lorry right to your storage area.
- Reputation The blown delivery company you choose for your wood pellets needs to have a good reputation. You’ll need to know that they can supply the right sort of pellets, when you want them, and that everything is likely to go to plan. Perhaps you’ll want to read testimonials from satisfied customers first.
- Support If things don’t go according to plan, or you have particular requirements, or circumstances change beyond your control, you’ll want to know that your blown wood pellet delivery company will be able to help you out. Knowing that they are likely to be sympathetic and helpful will make your life a lot easier.
- Long term contract Depending on your requirements, you may want to arrange a long term contract, so that you can guarantee delivery of your wood pellets for a certain length of time. If you’re a commercial customer then you’ll be able to budget and forecast easier, and if you’re a domestic customer then you’ll know just how much you’re saving on your heating bills, and will get the best price, even if the price of pellets changes.
- Do the hard work for you As you’re likely to have better things to do with your time, you’ll want the blown delivery company to be able to do all the hard work for you. If you’re fed up of moving pallets around and then unbagging pellets, then you’ll need to make sure that your blown delivery company really are going to make things quicker and easier for you.
Price Although price isn’t the most important issue, it’s certainly a consideration, and you’ll need to know what the difference is between the cheapest and the most expensive supplier you’re looking at. Perhaps pellets you’ll get a better price from the nearest supplier to you, or maybe a supplier further away offers a better service.
Now you know what to look for, you’ll be able to choose the right blown wood pellet delivery company.