Claim Compensation For Damp and Mould in a Rented Property

Mould in a Rented Property
Spread the love
68 / 100

If you have suffered from damp and mould in a rented property, you may be able to make a housing disrepair claim for compensation. These claims can help cover costs like repairs and damage.

Your local council or housing association landlord has a legal duty to keep your home in a safe and comfortable state of repair. They are also responsible for preventing damp, mould and fungus from developing in your home.

Housing disrepair claims

If your rented property is not free from damp and mould then you may be able to make a claim for compensation. This is because your landlord must carry out repairs to ensure that you can live in a home that is both clean and safe.

This includes a working heating system and water, and sanitation facilities such as toilets, basins and sinks.

You have a legal right to live in a property that is free from pests and dampness, and that has access to a clean and safe water supply, heating system and sewage system.

If you have lived in your rented property for a while and it is now suffering from damp and mould, then you should consider making a claim for compensation. You can do this by visiting the Environmental Health Department at your local council. It will help to take photographs of the problem so that you can prove your case.  it’s worth contacting a housing disrepair solicitor Birmingham to see whether you can make a claim. Claims can be worth tens of thousands of pounds or more.

Negligence claims

If you or a member of your family has suffered from an illness or injury due to the presence of damp and mould in your home, it may be possible to claim compensation. This could include a range of damages, including medical expenses and loss of income.

Negligence claims are made when someone’s negligent conduct causes harm. Damages are usually monetary, but can also include non-economic losses like emotional distress and loss of quality of life.

The first step is to establish that the at-fault party’s conduct was negligent. This can be a challenging task because there are many factors that must be considered. These include establishing the cause of the injury, proving that it was a direct result of the defendant’s conduct and proving that the defendant’s conduct constituted negligence.

Damage claims

If you have been affected by damp or mould in a rented property and your landlord has failed to fix it, then you may be entitled to claim compensation. This is because it can be a dangerous brew, causing damage to your belongings and threatening your health.

The best way to avoid damp in a rented property is to make sure it is properly ventilated, that there are no leaks and to make sure your heating is working correctly. Your landlord should also fix structural problems as soon as possible, including replacing any plaster or damaged woodwork.

Damp is an issue that affects most rented properties, and can be caused by condensation. Extra moisture in the air can make contact with cold surfaces like a window or wall, which then leads to mould growth.

Medical expenses

If you’ve suffered from health issues as a result of damp and mould in your home, it could be possible to claim compensation for the damages. These claims are usually made on the basis of general and special damages.

The amount of compensation for damp and mould depends on the extent of the damage, and how long you were suffering from it. These damages include the costs of medical expenses, such as prescriptions and private healthcare fees.

Mould and damp can cause serious health problems and make existing conditions worse quickly. This is why it’s essential for landlords to keep their property free of these hazards.

If you’ve suffered from illness, such as a respiratory infection or asthma, because of damp and mould in your home.

swith leo