Let’s face it, every individual in a family has different oral health requirements. However, going to different dentists to treat different family members can be a draining experience.
If you’ve also been in a similar situation, you must’ve thought of one single branch of dentistry to serve your entire family’s needs.
Interestingly, it’s possible with family dentistry. This branch of dentistry overlooks the oral health of your entire family members, saving you from the struggles of visiting different professionals for individual members.
However, that’s not all about family dentistry in Garland, TX. In the following sections, we’ve explored some of the significant perks of visiting a family dentist. So let’s check them out.
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Consulting A Family Dentist
#1 Solve hereditary dental issues:
Dental issues like heart problems, cancer, and allergies also pass through genes. For example, genetic factors make your child’s teeth 64% more prone to cavities and other dental problems. When you have a long-term family dentist, there will be a record of your dental history.
This will help you to take all the preventive measures beforehand. Your family dentist will be able to spot any recurring dental issues. He would also know which treatment would work best in emergencies as he has already handled a similar issue among your family members.
#2 Get rid of your dental anxiety:
People of every age face anxiety regarding dental issues. This phobia makes it difficult for them to visit dentists for regular checkups, and some avoid it altogether. However, we all know that not having regular check-ups harms our overall dental health.
Visiting a family dentist in Garland, TX, helps and they help in preventing dental anxiety in your kids from an early age. Overcoming the fear early would ensure that they care for their dental health throughout their lives.
#3 They help maintain consistency:
Usually, family dentists give two appointments annually, and having a regular check-up every six months is the best for your teeth. A family dentist would have an idea about your family’s dental history so they would give you appointments accordingly.
Since you are familiar with your dentist, you can trust him and maintain a relationship. Having a family dentist would also ensure that your treatment procedures are consistent.
#4 They help make dental care convenient:
Convenience is one of the most prominent advantages of having a family dentist. You don’t have to make separate visits to different dentists for each family member. Instead, when you choose the right dentists, all your dental needs will be fulfilled in the same place.
#5 They are available in emergencies:
Family dentists act as a safety net and are available during every emergency, like a sudden toothache or if you have damaged your teeth in an accident. In such a crisis, you would not have to search for a good dentist and get the best treatment from the dentist you trust.
Factors To Consider While Choosing A Family Dentist?
Choosing a good family dentist is very important. Here are some ways how you can choose the best family dentist:
- Location: It is important as you might need to visit them regularly for check-ups, treatments, or other procedures. Choosing a dentist far from your home would make it very inconvenient, especially during emergencies.
- Experience and qualification: Before choosing a family dentist, go through their years of experience and run a background check about their qualifications and how well they treat kids.
- Quality of their service: Talk to his other patients to get honest reviews about the services.
- Technology: Technology plays a key role in any industry, including dentistry. Check if they have the latest technology equipment and can treat dental problems effectively using the latest technology.
- Cost of their services and emergency care: Know the dentist’s rates and compare them with other options before finalizing your choice. As mentioned earlier, family dentists play a significant role during emergencies. So it is essential that you check the measures they provide and how they handle emergencies.
What Are The Different Types Of Services Provided By A Family Dentist?
Here are the different types of services provided by a family dentist:
- Preventive care
- Restorative Dentistry
- Periodontal Care
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Oral Surgery
General Vs. Family Dentist: What’s The Difference?
What differentiates a family dentist from an ordinary dentist is whether they provide treatments for kids. Of course, family dentists offer treatments to people of all ages, from toddlers to grandparents. But, ordinary dentists usually focus on adults and some of them on teens as well.
Opting for a family dentist is one of the best ways to ensure the complete oral health of your entire family. This brings us to the end of our article. We hope that this article has helped you understand more about family dentists and made the concept of family dentistry easier for you.