Here is the definition of some of the most crucial words:
- “Lean” = speed (tools and methods to improve speeds of processes)
- Six Sigma is Quality (statistical method of improving quality)
- Lean Six Sigma (the combination makes it ideal to increase efficiency and quality and make any process more adaptable, effective productive, efficient, and profitable)
- Lean Six Sigma Management System (a solid, comprehensive and integrated Lean Six Sigma Management System that encompasses the entire company)
Lean Manufacturing and Services
In the course of several years in the past over a period of time Professor. James P. Womack and his associates of The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) performed various studies on the automobile industry in order to raise awareness of the high-quality culture that underlies the equipment, and to create healthy and efficient companies by reducing inefficiency. The research was conducted to determine the most efficient ways to work in India and other countries in order to become aware of distinctions as well as similarities, and the factors that affect the success or failure of businesses who want to adopt these methods.
Lean is a method of thinking that blends working with thinking in the long term to satisfy customers while ensuring profits over the long term. It’s built on collaboration and development of staff making use of tools for continuous improvement to create a continuous and flexible flow of service to provide the customer the assistance they need, at the moment they require it, not prior to or after. It’s the ongoing and systematic method to identify and eliminate unnecessary or inefficient, or any thing that does not improve the effectiveness of the process which instead increases costs and takes time.
It is a way of thinking in business that is focused on customer satisfaction. It is a technique to reduce wasted time by eliminating the possibility of variations in processes through the use of administration and statistical tools, which can significantly increase the effectiveness of every procedure.
Six Sigma was developed by Motorola in the mid-80s in response to the necessity to match or beat Japanese competitors who had achieved four-sigma levels of quality (99 percent of high-quality products) in a period when most companies could not even reach the three-sigma standard (93 percent of top-quality products). In actuality, we’re not discussing defects in 100; but rather, we’re speaking about defects per million.
Sigma is a Greek word that is used to measure the statistical degree of variation. Six Sigma is based on the DMAIC method and consists of improvement projects using these actions
- The issue should be defined and its benefits for both the client as and the team as well as the scope of the project.
- Examine the effectiveness, follow the process, and evaluate the reliability of the information.
- Analyse: identify the reasons of the variations and their root causes.
- Enhance: Make adjustments for more efficient performance.
- Control: Install the controls to monitor improvements.
Lean Six Sigma combined is an amazing philosophy, process and toolset that blends significant knowledge from the past of improvement that is an effective and simple approach to planning for the product, manufacturing logistics, marketing and services, along with accounting administration as well as maintenance of information systems, and many more.
Lean Six Sigma is a method of Lean Six Sigma in different industries
Lean Six Sigma can provide an advantage in competitiveness and is quickly growing to become one of primary methods and indicators for companies which are making strides.
Lean Six Sigma philosophy is applicable to all industries like construction, agriculture, hotels, automobiles, medical, healthcare, start-up firms, education banks, aerospace, government, and restaurants, along with consulting, and much more.
Myths of Lean Six Sigma
- Six Sigma is the same as TQM.
- Six Sigma is too statistical for transactions and is best used in manufacturing.
- Six Sigma projects can take much longer to complete.
- Lean Six Sigma is too complicated and complex for the industry we work in.
- Lean Six is for production only It is not for engineering or services.
- Lean Six Sigma is for improvement in production, not the development of products or processes.
- Lean Six Sigma is not meant to be used for Research and Development as it could harm creativity.
- Zero-Defect is superior than Lean Six Sigma because it doesn’t cause defects, while Six Sigma generates 3.4 ppm.
- Lean Six Sigma only costs money and makes profits smaller.
Naturally, you’ll encounter stories from different people each day. It is vital to know the stories and to take action.
In some instances, we’d discuss mythological issues that would go all the way to the beginning of a Lean Six Sigma improvement project. Once the project was in place and the team members realised the importance of what was in their best interests as well as the company, myths started to fade away. Be alert to issues and be prepared to act. Arrow Head is Offering the Lean six sigma certification in Mumbai .