If you want to use teeth whitening for your smile, but don’t know where to start, then read this blog post! It will help you narrow down your search and find the best dental clinic for your needs.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Whitening is a cosmetic procedure that removes unwanted stains or discoloration from the teeth.
Whitening products are available over the counter and in many health and beauty stores. Teeth whitening can be done in two ways: at home teeth whitening or in a clinic under professional care.
Whitening can be done with bleaching agents or with light therapy. Bleaching agents remove the stained layer of enamel by breaking down the tooth’s natural structure. Light therapy uses an ultraviolet light to break down the stains, but it is more expensive and may not be as effective.
To find an effective teeth whitening clinic for your smile, you should consider these factors:
- The type of bleaching agent used
- The strength of the bleaching agent
- The wavelength of the light used
- The time required for results
- The cost of the treatment
- The clinic’s reputation
- Post-operative sensitivity
What are the Pros of Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening can be a great way to improve your smile. The following are some of the reasons why teeth whitening can be beneficial:
- Whiten your teeth in a safe and effective way
- Can be a cost-effective way to improve your smile
- Can make you look more beautiful
- Can help you feel more confident
If you are interested in teeth whitening, it is important to find a clinic that will provide the best results for you.
Point to consider before finding a dental clinic:
- Think about your oral health goals. Do you want to simply brighten your teeth or do you want to address other dental issues, such as crooked teeth or stained teeth?
- Consider the severity of your tooth stains. Are they light or dark? How severe are they? Do you have any overlapping tooth stains?
- Type of stains. Stains can be developmental or acquired; meaning the discolouration may be due to genetic or environmental factors during the development of your teeth; or your teeth got stained over a period of time due to dietary habits like consumption of wine, tea, coffee, or lifestyle habits like smoking and non-smoking tobacco use.
- External and Internal stains need different kinds of whitening techniques. External stains are easier to remove than internal or developmental stains.
- Review online reviews of clinics before making an appointment. This will help you get an idea of the quality of service and results that different clinics offer.
What are the Cons of Teeth Whitening?
There are some potential cons to teeth whitening that should be considered before making the decision to go through with the procedure.
- Teeth whitening results can last anywhere between 3 months to 8 months depending on your dietary and lifestyle habits. Consumption of beverages like tea, coffee and wine frequently can reduce the whitening of the teeth faster. Food containing edible colours or turmeric are also likely to reduce your whitening efficacy.
- Second, teeth whitening treatments can cause minimal to moderate sensitivity. In some cases, severe sensitivity can also be observed depending on the patient’s oral condition. The sensitivity levels can vary depending on the whitening system used. Certain whitening systems have enamel protective technology to reduce the sensitivity during and after procedures. These kind of systems are gentle on your enamel layer.
- Finally, teeth whitening may not be effective in all cases, meaning that some people may still see a noticeable difference but others may not. Please speak to your dentist about it before starting the procedure.
When Should I Get My Teeth Whitened?
If you want to see a brighter smile, teeth whitening is an important step. But there’s no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to when to get your teeth whitened. Many factors, such as your age, general health, and lifestyle, will affect when the best time is for you.
Here are some tips to help you decide when it’s the right time for you:
Start by considering your age. Teeth whitening can be more effective in younger age groups. If you’re in your twenties or early thirties, for example, it may be a good time to go for whitening. However, if you’re over forty or fifty years old, efficacy may be slightly lower compared to young patients as the enamel wears with ageing. So the underlying yellowish dentin is more visible. Older age groups may feel more sensitivity during the procedure due to age-related wearing of enamel layer.
Also consider your general health. If you have any health conditions that might affect your oral health, make sure to speak with your dentist about whether teeth whitening is right for you. Some conditions that might require special care include diabetes, gingivitis (gum Disease), and periodontal disease.
How Do I Find A Good Clinic?
Finding the right teeth whitening clinic can be tricky. There are a lot of options and it can be hard to know which one is right for you.
Here are some tips to help you find the right clinic:
1. Do your research – Read reviews, talk to friends, and look at ratings online before deciding on a clinic. Make sure you find a clinic that has a good reputation and offers quality treatments.
2. Ask around – If you don’t know anyone who has used a particular whitening clinic, ask your dentist or other professionals in your community for recommendations. Or, go online and search for user reviews of whitening clinics before making your decision.
3. Meet with potential candidates – Once you’ve narrowed down the field, schedule an appointment to meet with potential candidates. You’ll want to feel comfortable with the staff and doctor before committing to treatment. The doctors can explain in detail which whitening treatments are a good option for you. If they recommend a specific whitening system, you can ask them why it is better than other options in the market.
4. Choose the best option for you – After meeting with the candidates, choose the best dental clinic for your needs. There is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to teeth whitening, so consult with the staff about what will work best for you.
If you are looking for teeth whitening treatment in Dubai Silicon Oasis, then you should check out Zee Dent – the team of dental experts that provide a wide range of services including Teeth Whitening using a system that causes minimal sensitivity and great results at really affordable cost. They even provide Home Whitening services to maintain your whitening results over a longer period.