Caring for your car doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. With the right car care services, you can keep your car looking its best with minimal effort. Waxing is a great way to protect your car’s paintwork and add a brilliant shine. At Car magic, we offer one of the best hand-applied waxes on the market that will help you achieve that perfect shine. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to wax your car for a beautiful finish.
The benefits of waxing your car
Waxing your car helps to keep it looking its best. It provides a protective layer between the paint and the environment that helps to prevent wear and tear from weather and other environmental factors. Waxing your car also gives it a beautiful shine, which can help make your car stand out from the rest. Additionally, waxing helps to protect against fading and discoloration, keeping your car looking great for longer. Waxing can also make it easier to clean your car, as dirt and debris will not stick as easily to the waxed surface.
How to prepare your car for waxing
- Wash your car with soap and water. Make sure to use a car wash shampoo as it will help remove any dirt or debris that could cause scratches during waxing.
- Dry your car thoroughly. Use a microfiber cloth to dry the exterior, being sure to pay attention to hard-to-reach areas like grills and door handles.
- Inspect your car’s paintwork. Check for any signs of damage, such as scratches or dings. If there are any, you may want to consider repairing them before you start waxing.
- Clay bar your car. This process removes any contaminants from the surface of the paint that can’t be removed by washing.
- Make sure your car is in the shade. It’s best to wax your car in the shade, as the wax can heat up and cause streaking if it’s exposed to direct sunlight.
- Mask off any trim or rubber parts. To protect these parts from the wax, apply masking tape along their edges before you begin waxing.
- Cover any holes or vents on the car. This will keep the wax out of any areas where it doesn’t belong.
How to apply the wax
Before you start, make sure your car is completely clean and dry.
- Start by shaking the can of wax and apply it evenly over the car’s surface. Use a clean microfiber cloth to apply the wax in circular motions, overlapping each stroke slightly.
- Let the wax dry for 10-15 minutes before buffing it off.
- Buff the wax off with a clean microfiber cloth, again using circular motions.
- When buffing, you should notice a nice, glossy shine. If not, repeat steps 1-3 until desired results are achieved.
- Once the entire vehicle has been waxed and buffed, use a clean microfiber cloth to remove any residue from the car’s surface.