Ever since the Government of India made available electronic or e-Visas for international travellers to visit India, doing so has become an easy task and quite convenient too. All you really need to do is meet the Indian e Visa eligibility conditions for the Indian e-Visa as well as have all the documents ready that you would be required to submit in order to apply for and obtain the Indian Visa Documents Required. Some of the documents required are to be submitted for all of the types of Indian e-Visas that are available. There are also e-Visa specific documents, that is, different kinds of e-Visas, such as the Indian Tourist e-Visa, Indian Business e-Visa, Indian Medical e-Visa, and Indian Medical Attendant e-Visa, all require specific documents pertaining to the nature of your visit to India.
Once you know the documents required for Indian Visa you can apply for the Indian e-Visa online without having to visit your local Indian Embassy. This can be done from your mobile phone, PC and tablet. You can take electronic copy of Indian e-Visa received from the Government of India by Email and go to the airport. No stamping or affixation of sticker on the passport is required.
India Visa Documents Required by all types of e-Visas
To begin with, in order to start the application process for the Indian Visa you need to have the following documents required for Indian Visa:
- An electronic or scanned copy of the first (biographical) page of the visitor’s passport, which must be the standard Passport, and which must remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into India, otherwise you would need to renew your passport.
- A copy of the visitor’s recent passport-style colour photo (only of the face, and it can be taken with a phone), a working email address, and a debit card or a credit card for the payment of the application fees. Further details regarding Indian e-Visa photo requirements are covered here.
- A return or onward ticket out of the country.
Apart from having ready these documents required for Indian Visa you should also remember that it’s important to fill in the Indian e-Visa Application Form for the Indian e-Visa with the exact same information that is shown on your passport which you will be using to travel to India and which would be linked to your Indian Visa. Please note that if your passport has a middle name, you should include that in the Indian e-Visa online form on this website. Government of India requires that your name must match exactly in your Indian e-Visa application as per your passport. This includes:
- Full name, including First name/Given name, Middle Name, Family name/Surname.
- Date of Birth
- Place of birth
- Address, where you reside currently
- Passport number, exactly as shown in passport
- Nationality, as per your passport, not where you are currently living
Other than these general Indian Visa documents required there Indian Visa Eligibility are also document requirements specific to the kind of e-Visa you are applying for which would depend on the grounds on which you are visiting India and the purpose of your visit. These can be the Tourist e-Visa for purposes of tourism and sightseeing, the Business e-Visa for the purposes of business and trade, and the Medical e-Visa and Medical Attendant e-Visa for the purpose of medical treatment and accompanying the patient getting medical treatment from India.
India Visa Documents Required Specific to Tourist e-Visa for India
If you are coming to India for the purposes of tourism and sightseeing, you should apply for the Tourist e-Visa for India, for which apart from the general Indian Visa documents required you might be asked for proof of being in possession of sufficient money to fund your trip to and stay in India.
India Visa Documents Required Specific to Business e-Visa for India
If you are visiting India in order to participate in activities that are commercial in nature, such as business or trade, then apart from the general Indian Visa documents required you will also need the following documents specific to the Business e-Visa for India:
- Details of the Indian organization or trade fair or exhibition that the traveler will be visiting, including the name and address of an Indian reference.
- The website of the Indian company that the traveler will be visiting.
- The invitation letter from the Indian company.
- The business card or email signature as well as the website address of the visitor.
If the visitor is coming to India to deliver lectures under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN) then he or she will also need to provide:
- Invitation from the institute which would host the visitor as a foreign visiting faculty.
- Copy of the sanction order under GIAN issued by the National Coordinating Institute viz. IIT Kharagpur.
- Copy of the synopsis of the courses that the visitor will take up as the faculty at the host institute.
India Visa Documents Required Specific to Medical e-Visa for India
If you are visiting India as a patient in order to get medical treatment from a hospital in India, then apart from the general Indian Visa documents required you will also need the following documents specific to the Medical e-Visa for India:
- A copy of a letter from the Indian Hospital the visitor would be seeking treatment from (the letter would have to be written on the Official Letterhead of the Hospital).
- The visitor would also be required to answer any questions about the Indian Hospital they would be visiting.
India Visa Documents Required Specific to Medical Attendant e-Visa for India
If you are visiting India as the family member accompanying a patient who is coming to India in order to get medical treatment from a hospital in India, then apart from the general Indian Visa documents required you will also need some documents specific to the Medical Attendant e-Visa for India that will prove that the person you are accompanying holds or has applied for a Medical e-Visa:
- The name of the patient who must be the holder of the Medical Visa.
- The Indian e-Visa number or the Application ID of the Medical Visa holder.
- Details such as the Passport Number of the Medical Visa holder, the date of birth of the Medical Visa holder, and the Nationality of the Medical Visa holder.
If you have ready all of these documents required for Indian Visa, meet all eligibility conditions for Indian Visa, and are applying at least 4-7 days in advance of your flight or date of entry into the country, then you should be able to quite easily apply for the Indian Visa Application form is quite simple and straightforward. You shouldn’t find any difficulties in applying and getting the Indian Visa. If, however, you require any clarifications you should Indian e-Visa Support & Help Desk for support and guidance. Most of your answers should be covered here in the Frequently Asked Questions.