Piles and hemorrhoids have lately become common issues mostly due to lifestyle choices. Piles are a condition where veins of the anus are swollen and cause bleeding and inflammation. Piles are for the most of two kinds, one of which has internal hemorrhoids which are situated inside the rectum and are not apparent from an external perspective.
They typically cause discomfort, itching, and painless bleeding. And outer hemorrhoids are situated under the skin around the anus and are apparent from an external perspective. They can cause pain, swelling, and itching.
Increased pressure on the lower rectum results in piles. Causes of piles include:
- On-desk lifestyle
- A chronic gastric condition that isn’t treated for long
- Pelvic tumors
- Hereditary factors
- Increase in weight of the uterus during pregnancy
- Eating a low-fiber diet
- Lifting heavy weights
- Straining during bowel movements
Generally, symptoms of piles might not be serious and may resolve on their own. Following are the symptoms one may experience if they have piles:
- Itching and discomfort around the anal area
- Discomfort while passing stool
- Anal bleeding
- Painful lumps around the anus
Ayurvedic treatment is holistic considering the condition of the mind, body, and soul. Ayurvedic treatments are a method of bringing back the body in balance and easing the illness. The treatment is focused on three doshas or types of body: Pita meaning fire, Vata meaning air, and Kapha meaning water. Ayurvedic treatment helps and balances these doshas with a mixture of lifestyle modifications, diet, and herbal remedies.
- Why should you opt for Ayurvedic treatment for piles?
As mentioned before Ayurvedic treatments are holistic and are based on lifestyle changes, healthy diet, herbal remedies, and simple procedures as a part of the treatment. Ayurvedic doctors will assess your health as a whole to understand the dominating dosha.
- The natural approach: Ayurvedic treatment uses natural remedies and herbs that are considered safe and effective in treating piles.
- Holistic methodology: Ayurvedic medication takes note of the overall health of an individual, including their physical, mental, and emotional stability, to address the root cause of the issue.
- Minimal side effects: Ayurvedic remedies have minimal side effects compared to conventional treatments, such as over-the-counter creams and surgery.
- Promotes overall health: Ayurvedic treatment not only addresses the symptoms of piles but also promotes overall health and well-being.
- Non-invasive: Ayurvedic remedies are non-invasive and do not require any surgical procedures, making them a suitable option for those who want to avoid surgery.
- Types of piles according to doshas
The three Ayurvedic doshas govern various bodily functions and characteristics. Piles can be classified according to the dominant dosha involved.
- Vata-type piles: These are characterized by dry and itchy skin around the anus, as well as pain and difficulty during bowel movements. They may also cause constipation.
- Pitta-type piles: These are characterized by inflammation and pain, as well as itching and burning sensations around the anus. There may also be some discharge and bleeding.
- Kapha-type piles: These are characterized by swelling and a feeling of heaviness in the rectal area, as well as mucus discharge and occasional bleeding. Ayurvedic treatment for piles involves correcting any imbalances in the doshas and restoring proper function to the body.
- How effective is Ayurvedic treatment for piles?
The effectiveness of Ayurvedic treatment for piles can vary from person to person, as everyone’s body is different. Some people may find that Ayurvedic remedies provide significant relief from symptoms, while others may not experience the same level of improvement.
There is limited scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of Ayurvedic treatment for piles, and more research is needed in this area. However, many individuals have detailed positive encounters with Ayurvedic treatment, and it is generally viewed as safe when utilized under the direction of a certified specialist.
- Types of Ayurvedic treatment for piles
Ayurvedic treatment for piles typically includes a combination of the following:
- Dietary changes: This may involve avoiding certain foods that can aggravate the condition, such as spicy or fatty foods, and increasing the intake of fiber-rich foods to prevent constipation.
- Herbal remedies: Ayurvedic practitioners may recommend taking various herbs in the form of supplements or topical creams, such as horse chestnut, witch hazel, or aloe vera, to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Lifestyle modifications: This may include regular exercises, such as yoga or walking, to improve digestion and circulation and reduce stress.
- Panchakarma: This is a series of purification and detoxification procedures that are used to restore balance to the doshas and improve overall health.
- Ayurvedic massages: Massages with herbal oils can help to improve circulation and reduce swelling.
- Sitz bath: A sitz bath, which involves sitting in a shallow bath of warm water infused with herbs, can help to soothe the affected area and reduce discomfort.
- Surgical intervention: Your Ayurvedic expert might suggest a treatment called Kshara sutra. Kshara sutra utilizes an extraordinarily sedated string to tie the hemorrhoid off at the base. This removes the blood supply to the vein, permitting hemorrhoids to contract throughout the following 7 to 10 days. It will wither and disengage on its own. This more obtrusive methodology will be considered only when different medicines are not compelling.
- Cauterization also known as Agni karma: Outside piles can be scorched using infrared heat. Your Ayurvedic professional could offer to burn off the piles. This method might be a little painful. This sort of treatment could expect five to six treatments for a few weeks before it has an effect.
It is important to note that the specific treatment plan will depend on the individual’s unique needs and the severity of the condition. It is recommended to consult a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner for piles treatment in Bhuj.