Children start learning about health, hygiene, and cleanliness in schools. They are exposed to social regulations and interactions, peer association, and discipline at school from an early age. They will start learning different behaviors at school that will, later on, impact their lives for a long time.
In addition to children, even school teachers, administrative staff, and cleaning crew are expected to learn the value of maintaining good hygienic practices, which include hand washing, cleaning, and disinfecting. Prevent the spread of hundreds of diseases caused by bacteria, viruses, and other germs. Let us look at the need to train your school staff and use the right products.
Hand Hygiene in School
Schools are high-traffic areas, and the risk of the spread of germs in schools is very high. The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for using the proper cleaning and disinfectant products at all levels. Teachers, support staff, cleaning crew, cafeteria workers, administrative staff, and all other school personnel require training sessions to sensitize them about maintaining hand hygiene.
Getting the Right Products
The most important aspect of hygiene training is finding the right products. Dettol is the most trusted brand of cleaning and sanitization products, routinely used by hundreds of households, offices, and schools. The two-hand hygiene products that most schools choose to routinely stock and use are the Dettol Liquid Handwash and the Dettol Clinical Strength Antiseptic Hand Rub Sanitizer. These are essential products in your school’s cleaning and sanitization supplies. The Dettol Pro India site, https://dettolproindia.in/ helps plan your school’s handwashing and cleaning solutions needs and source the products with up to 40% discount on the prices.
Training School Staff
The Dettol Pro India team helps your school with cleaning and hygiene needs. A solutions expert will help you understand the hotspots in the school which require attention. The team also helps organize training sessions to optimize hygiene and cleanliness practices. These are important to prevent the spread of disease-causing germs, including the dreaded COVID-19 virus.
Hand hygiene training sessions must be made mandatory for teachers and school staff. Protect your staff and children from spreading respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases. Following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, hundreds of schools worldwide have undertaken such “Train-the-Trainer” sessions for school staff and teachers.
Passing on the Learnings
School staff and teachers are further holding training sessions for students and parents to create awareness about the importance of using hand wash and hand rub sanitizers to prevent the spread of infection-causing germs. In addition, most governments worldwide emphasize the value of educating children about hygienic practices in an early learning environment.
Healthcare practitioners and policymakers across the globe agree that hand hygiene is the best way to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. In addition, training sessions conducted by school staff help educate parents and children and are important in curbing the spread of diseases.
Handwash Vs. Hand Rub Sanitiser
There are two important and indispensable elements of hand hygiene –
- Using a Hand Rub Sanitiser
Let us take a look at each of these:
- Washing hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is one of the best ways to get rid of germs. The Indian Medical Association recommends the Dettol liquid handwash, and regular use protects from 100 illness-causing germs. It contains more than 85% naturally derived ingredients and plant-derived cleansers, making it gentle yet effective.
- If soap and water are unavailable, it is important to clean your hand with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. The Dettol Clinical Strength Antiseptic Hand Rub sanitizer contains 70% alcohol and is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial that kills 99.9% bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It is enriched with moisturizer and keeps the hands soft.
Handwashing and Hand Sanitising Steps:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water.
- Take a small quantity of Dettol handwash liquid.
- Rub your hands and lather. Scrub the palms, fingers, and backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse your hands with clean, running water.
- Use a clean towel or air-dry your hands.
Step-by-step Hand Sanitisation:
- Use the pump to pour the Dettol Clinical Strength Antiseptic Hand Rub on the palm of one hand.
- Rub your hands together.
- Rub the hand all over your hands and fingers.
- Do not wipe or rinse once your hands are dry.
Hand hygiene is a simple and effective way to stop the spread of diseases in schools. Regular training sessions for staff will help address the various queries and concerns regarding hand hygiene processes and products.