Mongolia is a vast, under-appreciated destination that has something for everyone. From expansive deserts to awe-inspiring mountain ranges and striking cultural parks,
Mongolia offers an array of experiences that can be enjoyed by all types of travelers. Whether you’re an avid adventurer or a casual traveler,
there’s something in Mongolia for you. From camel riding to exploring the White Stupa and beyond, this article will introduce you to some of the best things to do in Mongolia.
So read on and let your inner explorer be inspired!
Table of Contents
Why Mongolia is a great travel destination
Mongolia is a country that often gets overlooked as a travel destination. It’s a shame because Mongolia has so much to offer visitors. From the city of Ulaanbaatar to the vast steppe and desert landscapes,
there is something for everyone in Mongolia. Here are some reasons why you should consider adding Mongolia to your travel list.
Ulaanbaatar, the capital city of Mongolia, is a great place to start your Mongolian adventure.
The city is full of history and culture, and there are plenty of things to see and do. You can explore the many museums and art galleries,
or take a walk through one of the many parks. If you’re looking for something more active, there are also plenty of hiking and biking trails in and around the city.
Outside of Ulaanbaatar, you’ll find yourself in the middle of some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the world.
The steppe stretches for miles in every direction and is home to some of Mongolia’s most iconic wildlife including horses, camels, yaks, and eagles.
If you’re looking for even more adventure, you can head into the Gobi Desert where you can go hiking, camping, and even sandboarding down the dunes.
Whether you’re looking for history, culture, or adventure, Mongolia has something to offer everyone. So add it to your travel list and
What are the best things to do in Mongolia?
Mongolia is an amazing country with a lot to offer. Here are some of the best things to do in Mongolia:
1. Visit the capital, Ulaanbaatar. This city has a rich history and culture, and there are many interesting sights to see.
2. Go hiking or camping in the Mongolian wilderness. There are some stunning landscapes to explore, and you might even spot some wild animals along the way.
3. Learn about nomadic life by staying with a local family. This is a great way to get off the beaten track and experience traditional Mongolian hospitality.
4. Take a trip to Lake Khövsgöl. This beautiful lake is one of Mongolia’s most popular tourist destinations, and it’s easy to see why – it’s simply gorgeous!
5. Ride a camel through the Gobi Desert. This is an unforgettable experience, and something that you can only do in Mongolia.
Top tips for traveling to Mongolia
If you’re planning a trip to Mongolia, here are some top tips to help you make the most of your adventure:
1. Get familiar with Mongolian culture and traditions before you go. This will help you understand and respect the local way of life.
2. Pack light and be prepared for cold weather conditions. Mongolia can be very unforgiving if you’re not properly prepared.
3. Learn some basic Mongolian phrases before you arrive. It’ll go a long way in helping you communicate with locals.
4. Be prepared for a lot of walking! Mongolia is a vast and largely rural country, so be sure to pack comfortable shoes.
5. Lastly, don’t forget to enjoy yourself! Mongolia is an amazing place full of friendly people and stunning scenery – make sure to take it all in!
How to make the most of your trip to Mongolia
Mongolia is a land of vast steppes, rugged mountains, and dense forests. It’s a country of nomads, where people have lived for centuries in yurts and tents,
moving with the seasons in search of grazing for their animals. Even today, Mongolia is one of the least densely populated countries in the world.
Despite its remote location and seeming inhospitality, Mongolia is a surprisingly easy place to travel. The people are warm and welcoming, and there is a growing infrastructure of hotels,
restaurants and tour operators catering to tourists. And while Mongolian cities can be gritty and industrial, the countryside is breathtakingly beautiful.
If you’re planning a trip to Mongolia, here are some tips on how to make the most of your experience:
1. Get off the beaten path: One of the best things about Mongolia is that it’s still relatively untouched by tourism.
So get out there and explore! Rent a car and drive across the steppe, or take a horseback trip into the mountains.
Stay in a traditional ger (yurt) instead of a hotel, and try to meet some local people. You’ll find that Mongolians are incredibly hospitable and will go out of their way to help you.
2. Learn some Mongolian: While most Mongolians speak at least basic English, it’s always appreciated when visitors make an effort to learn some Mongolian phrases. Just learning how to say “hello” (sain b
Mongolia truly is an incredible place to visit, and there are so many amazing things to do. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker looking for adventure or just someone interested in taking in the sights of this wonderful country,
Mongolia has something for everyone. From exploring the Gobi Desert and experiencing nomadic culture to visiting ancient ruins and taking part in traditional festivals,
Mongolia offers a unique experience that will stay with you long after your travels have come to an end. Life changes – travel more!